Dust Busters: How to Clean After an Illness
Take A Shower
The first thing you're going to want to clean after being sick is obviously your body, you could still have germs lingering on your skin so you're going to want to take a shower, wash your hair, and put on some clean clothes. This is especially true if you've had the flu, COVID, or any other illness that could linger for awhile.
Replace Your Toothbrush
If you brushed your teeth with your normal, every day toothbrush while you were sick, throw it away and replace it. Germs and bacteria can linger on the toothbrush, and if you put it back in your mouth you could get sick again. I always keep disposable travel toothbrushes near my bed when I'm sick specifically so that I don't have to replace my toothbrush for this reason.
Strip Your Bed & Start Laundry
This is one of the most important steps, strip your bedding and start on laundry. I like to do this first thing for 2 reasons, the first being that people don't seem to realize that fabric especially very porus fabrics like cotton and linen can trap bacteria. Getting that out of the way first hand means your bed will be clean and comfy by the time you finish cleaning the rest of your space.
Thoroughly Wipe Down Everything You've Touched
Thoroughly wiping down things that you've touched like remotes, doorknobs, your fridge handles, etc. will help keep illness to a minimum. I also wipe down the surfaces in my room that I touch the most such as my desk, laptop, desk chair, and other important surfaces. While it may not seem like much, you would be surprised how effective this can be at preventing your already compromised immune system.
Do A Quick Tidy Up
Obviously, if you're just getting over an illness you may not feel very up to snuff and that's perfectly fine. However, to make things easier on yourself, just tidy up what you can. I try to focus on cleaning my bathroom and vacuuming the carpet.
Closing
This is just what I do immediately after my fever breaks when I'm sick with something contagious (in this case it was COVID). Once I feel better completely I would definitely advise doing a deep clean of the space just to further ensure that nothing harmful is lingering around, this is also a point in which having siblings really comes in handy because I pay my sister to help me out so that I can pick up some extra shifts at work! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y’all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment