Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Today I wanted to discuss trends and self expression. Trends are no stranger here on this blog, we've discussed them a lot in the past and will definitely continue to discuss them as they progress and change. However, do trends take away self expression? That's going to be what we're going to find out. 




My Personal Opinion 

Personally, I think it largely depends on the person. Some people latch onto trends and will maintain those aesthetics regardless of whether or not they maintain popularity. Others, such as influencers, jump on the fast changing trends and often switch everything up in order to stay relevant or keep their brand deals.


I don't really follow trends unless I actually take an interest in them. I think that's the best way to keep wasteful spending, and waste in general to a minimum. However, coming from a content creation standpoint not hopping on trends cam really hurt your engagement. Sticking to my philosophy though, we'll never partake in trend hopping over here in my neck of the woods.



The Reality 

I do really think that trend hopping not only kills your creativity but it puts you straight into the rat race. We live in a time where everything is an advertisement, even just using social media. Everyone is buying up these products and spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars investing in trends that die out within a few months (case in point: Labubus). Additionally, because companies are so quick to try to beat their competition it causes a lot of unnecessary business decisions. I mean, y'all I saw blind box letter openers. "Why does that need to be in a blind box?" You may find yourself asking, and the truth is that it doesn't need to be. However, thats what's trending right now.


We adapted "clean girl" minimalist aesthetics because that's what's trending. Despite the fact a lot of people enjoy that aesthetic, it can create a lot of pressure to conform. A lot of people dislike that things look boring now and this is one of those instances in which trends are robbing the public of visual stimulation and originality. 



Closing

That's all that I have for you guys as of right now, feel free to add to this here in the comments I'd love to hear what you guys think! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims