The Monthly Mix: August 2026

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This is a bit of a new post that we're going to be rolling out and this is going to replace rhe "Favorites" section of Rewind. The Monthly Mix is going to be a specially curated list of things that I really enjoyed this month that I want to share with you guys. I'll be linking as much as I can, but I do want to share the expectation that not everything will have a link as I do a lot of second hand shopping.

Products

I'm going to go ahead and get my product section out of the way so this post doesn't feel like a giant advertisement, but rest assured that I haven't been paid for anything that I'm promoting, these are all products that I purchased with my own money that I just really really like. With that being said let's get into it!

Le Monde Gourmand Pistachio Bruleรฉ: I absolutely ADORE this perfume, I wear it almost every single day. It's very light and clean smelling, it's super sweet, and most importantly it lasts all day and then some. It is a little expensive, but it fits nicely in my purse and Le Monde Gourmand has a bunch of other really gorgeous smelling scents that I love. I even got my sisters obsessed with this brand because of this perfume.

Fine'ry Pistachio Please: This is a scent that I feel really compliments the Pistachio Bruleรฉ, and so I will usually layer these up together because it always creates a really long lasting sweet smell. This perfume in particular does feel a bit heavier than the Pistachio Bruleรฉ and it's a much more affordable every day scent.

B-Pure: I use so many products from B-Pure I am just going to direct you guys to the entire brand. This brand is cruelty free, and generally vegan. They have a wide variety of products from hand sanitizer and wipes to skincare and lip gloss. I've never tried their skincare products but I love their wipes, hand sanitizer, and their jelly lip gloss. The best part about this is that its at the DOLLAR TREE y'all. It's  $1.25!

Global Beauty Care: This is another Dollar Tree brand that I am absolutely in love with. I have psoriasis on my face and it can become super itchy and painful, I've used medicated soap and expensive brands the The Ordinary which have done absolutely nothing to help my skin, but with Global Beauty I was seeing improvement after the first use! This is also $1.25 so I was able to get a variety of different skincare products and really build a skincare arsenal that I can adjust to fit my needs for about $60, which is so much cheaper and yielded much better results than other skincare products that I've tried.

Fashion

This month I had one outfit in mind and I waited until Smoky Mountain Terror this past weekend to actually see if the outfit would look as good on me as it did in my head


It's safe to say I am OBSESSED with this outfit, the only thing I think I want to change is I definitely want different overalls, I think having cuffs on the legs would just make it look so much cuter.

Books

I only read 2 books this month, but thats okay, because I still accomplished what I wanted to accomplish which was the read every day in August challenge that was hosted by the American Cancer Society. That challenge was extremely important to me because my mom had colon cancer fairly recently and it was important for me to complete that challenge. You can find my review for both books under the 'Bookmarked' tab where you will also find links to purchase your own copy.

Maeve Fly by CJ Leede: This book was probably the favorite of the month. It was sexy, it was gorey, it was peak weird girl energy and I loved it so much.

The Director's Cut: The Final Girl's Guide to Killing the Script and Reclaiming the Lead by Finn O'Gorman: This book was another favorite for this month, but it was a favorite for a different reason. Finn is a member of my horror fan club and they were kind enough to not only send me an ARC of the Director's Cut but they also sent me a signed copy of the book! Author to author, I was so honored to be able to support them in this phase of their writing journey!

Movies

I tried so hard to watch more movies this month, but the weather had my TV acting all sorts of crazy so I didn't watch as many as I wanted but the ones I did see I happened to really enjoy. 

Repo the Genetic Opera ★★★★★
Terrifier (2016) ★★★★★
Terrifier 2 (2022) ★★★★★
Terrifier 3 (2024) ★★★★★
Jawbreaker (1999) ★★★★☆

Music

The playlist for this month was a little different than the type of music I typically like, but I became obsessed with Joji this month and so this playlist definitely reflects that.

Closing

Thats all that I have for you guys right now, I hope everyone had a fantastic August, I will see you guys again in the Rewind and the Monthly Issue coming up next! I do apologize that this is coming a little late I had some internet issues as soon as I came home from work yesterday.  If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y’all take care, and thanks for stopping by!

๐Ÿ’ Check Out What Else I’ve Been Up To ๐Ÿ’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)