The Monthly Issue: August 2026


 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Before we begin, I want to start this off by saying I'm going to be making a post directly after this one that's going to have some more important information about some blog changes. I didn't want to make this post incredibly long and there were some important things that I wanted to talk about that I didn't want to get lost amidst our monthly goals and other content, so keep an eye out for that because it is on the way. With that being said, let's get into our plans for the month!


Goals

The goals this month are going to be fairly simple, most of them unfortunately revolve around money because I have 2 large events really really close to each other.

πŸ’²Finish Saving for Smokey Mountain Terror: This is the big one, this is my first big convention and I'm really excited, and I want to make sure that I have some money ready to go.

πŸ’²Finish Saving, and Book Universal Studios Trip: My horror club is going to Universal Studios in September for Halloween Horror Nights and I really want to attend that event because its probably one of the only times that I'm going to be able to do that and meet everyone. 

πŸ’²Pay Off At Least 1 Debt: I have 2 small loans and I want to pay at least one of said loans off so that I can have more money to go on my trip with and I won't be stressing anything.

Events

Smokey Mountain Terror August 28th-30th: I am super excited for this event, I have wanted to go to this forever and I finally got my chance. This was also a birthday gift for my dad because he really likes the Halloween movies and Nick Castle is going to be there so I'm super excited to get to do this with him and my mom.


Reading

This month I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Read Everyday Challenge in the month of August. This was super important to me because both my mom and my godmother had cancer, both luckily have been in remission, but I knew I just had to participate in this challenge because so many strong women in my life have suffered with cancer. If you are able I highly encourage you to attempt the challenge this month!


Blog Updates 

This is going to be getting a separate post this month so I can discuss blog plans in detail. As I mentioned previously, we're going to be making some changes to the blog that are going into effect immediately. It will be the post directly after this one.


Closing

That's all that I have for you guys right now, I hope you all have a wonderful start to August. If you're one of the many going back to school this month I wish you the best of luck in your classes, if you've been out of school for awhile this month I challenge you to learn something knew and maybe take a free course or two if you have the time. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)