Re-Introduction: Blog Updates, Changes, and What to Expect



Hey y'all let's see what's up today! We are a little over halfway through the year now and I just happened to go back through my introduction and I realized that there were so many sections that were not getting the attention that they deserved, and that's just not the experience that I promised you guys when I started this blog. That being said, in August we are going to turn that around for good. 

I am not the type of person that likes to under-deliver especially when it comes to my content, so we're going to take this month to essentially soft launch some new content on the blog, and revisit some older sections that we have abandoned so that I can not only post more for you guys but also so that we can increase our variety.

That being said, I also wanted to take this moment to reintroduce myself to any new readers that are joining us!  My name is Stevie Jones, I've actually been blogging since 2023, however I have moved around to a couple different blogs. After some health issues, I made the executive decision to stop blogging on my old blog Lost and Found With Stevie and move to this blog, Lost and Found by Stevie. 

You're probably wondering, "Why Lost and Found?" and honestly, I get that question a lot! The answer is actually pretty simple. Because my interests are so scattered and because we talk about so many things it reminded me of a lost and found bin in a way, and calling it an "archive" or "collection" felt a little too sophisticated for what we do here. I wanted this blog to be a place where anyone could stop by, find something they enjoy, and maybe learn a few new things along the way. I wanted it to feel like a cozy little common area that... might be haunted.

Whether you're here for horror movies, books, recipes, travel, folklore, creative projects, or just to spend a little time with someone who understands what it's like to navigate life with a chronic illness, I hope you find something that makes you want to stop in and stay awhile. More than anything, I want to share the little ways I've learned to make "disabled" feel a little less like a dirty word while sharing the things that bring me joy and hopefully inspiring you to discover a few new interests of your own.

I started blogging as a way to sort of keep myself accountable for the changes that I wanted to make in my life. However as I've continued to learn and grow with my blog I've realized that I can use this platform to reach other people that may be going through the same thing that I am, because let's face it chronic illnesses can feel incredibly isolating. So, with that being said, if you've constantly found yourself experiencing some FOMO because of your disability or chronic illness this is definitely place for you, I am so happy to be your chronically ill bestie so please feel free to message me at any time I will always have my social media linked in the bottom of each blog page specifically for that!

I read a LOT and I also really enjoy watching movies so you'll find a lot of reviews on the blog. I also have a lifelong love of horror, and I enjoy talking about it, which is why horror discussions have their own section, because I know that isn't for everyone. However I have a variety of other interests and I have tried to make sections for each of them so that you guys have a fully customizable experience here and you are able to engage with the sections that interest you the most.

Here are the tags that I've made so far, and we even added a new tag for a new series that I'm going to be posting, I'll share more on that later this week.

Announcements:  Here you will be able to find announcements for breaks, hiatuses, or even live events that I'll be attending because I do have a few of those planned next year!

Bookmarked: I'll be trying to read a book every month, and in this section of the blog I'll be sharing my thoughts and recommendations on various books

♡  Chatterbox:  This section is going to be a weekly discussion topic that I find interesting and want to give thoughts on.

Closet Confessions: Fashion is something that I'm still kind of exploring, as I think a lot of people are, so this section is going to include my personal tips, tricks, and a few hauls.

Pretty Sketchy: Are you interested in learning new skills as an artist? Check out this section of the blog for all things creative, from tutorials to supplies recommendations this is the section for all of my fellow crafters out there.

Daily Little Things: This is not actually going to be all that detailed, but I thought it would be fun to do a sort of daily update where I can share little details about my day, the daily goals, the big achievements, and all the other little fun things that I love doing.

Vanity Notes: This section is going to include makeup, skincare, haircare and just about anything else that I can think of to go in this section!

Passport Pages: I love traveling, and this section is going to be dedicated to sharing fun little things that I find while I'm out of town or even while I'm in town. My city is constantly growing so there's always new stuff to discover!

Horror Hub:  This is the section for my horror lovers out there, I'll be discussing all things horror, new releases, old favorites, and even showing off my horror collection.

Notes from the Author: For my fellow authors, this section is going to have writing tips, tutorials, and even some recommendations for writing software that isn't going to feed your story to AI.

Whiskful Thinking: I love cooking and baking, and so I want to share my recipes with you guys and that's what this section is going to be for. 

Rewind:   At the end of the month, I'll be sharing goals I accomplished, my favorite things, and overall doing a recap of what I got up to

Anthropology Alcove: This is just going to be a curated collection of facts and stories, think of it like a text book but more fun!

Mindful Moments:  In this section of the blog, I'll be sharing self care habits as well as how to tackle things like anxiety and stress

The Monthly Issue: At the beginning of each month, I'll be sharing content plans, goals, among other things for the month.

Reel Reviews:  I love movies and shows where I can sit down to watch them, and I especially love breaking them down, talking to people in the fandom spaces, and sharing my thoughts and theories with you

Hey Girl, Listen: Obviously this section isn't exclusive to girls, but this will be an advice column kind of thing, if you have questions I'll do my best to ask or I'll just upload some random guides and tips for you guys.

The Monthly Mix:  I love trying new things, and I really love sharing them with you guys so the monthly mix will be a list of things that I tried and links where you can find them yourself!

Off the Record:  Between regular posts, or on days that I don't really have content, I'll share an Off the Record post, which can be a spend time with me type of post or something that I'd like to share with you guys 

Dust Busters: I love cleaning, and I was taught how to clean in that overly compulsive old fashioned way. However, I know that it can really be a struggle sometimes especially if you have a mental or chronic illness, so in this section I'll be sharing tips on how you can keep your house clean no matter what your situation might look like.

Tales We Tell: This is a new tag that I started for a series where we dive into folklore, the origins of some of our favorite myths and legends, as well as how these legends shaped Hollywood films. I'll also be using this tag to dive into the history of some classic tales like Dracula and how these films shaped the horror industry and future renditions of these horror classics.

Additionally, with my content if you want to see anything I am always taking in requests for new recipes, movies, books, playlists, hole in the wall places to visit, etc. I'd love to see what you guys recommend and I want to put more content out there that you will actually want to read and engage with.

I have already somewhat got August planned out and ready to go, so August is going to be more of a trial period than anything but I am always open to hearing suggestions and requests because this is your space as much as it is mine!

As for what we won't be sharing on the blog, the list is not very long. However, I would kindly like for you all to remember that Horror is, and has always been, a form of social commentary and that is exactly how I treat it. So, while I won't be discussing these things at length there will be some discussion of current events here through a horror lense. That being said, these are not going to be our main topics of discussion:

♡ Politics

♡ Religion

♡ Current Events

    I understand there is a lot of scary stuff happening in the world right now, and that we should be paying attention to it. However, I also know how anxiety inducing and just plain bad current events and the news can make people feel when you are just hit with article after article of bad news. Because of this, and because I would like to keep my content open and fun to everyone I won't be discussing any of this at length here on my blog unless it is relevant to content that I am discussing.

Closing

That's all that I have for you guys for now! Before I wrap things up, I just wanted to say thank you for spending a little bit of your day with me. I'm really excited for everything that's coming over the next few months, but more than anything, I'm excited to get to know all of you a little better. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share the things I love with you, and I hope you'll continue to follow along as this little community grows. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)