Daily Little Things: August 6th, 2026




Hey y'all let's see what's up today! As you may have noticed, the past 2 days we did not have a "Daily Little Things" post and that is because I was so sick, I had absolutely no energy. I didn't really get up and do much, I spent the two days sleeping, and I wish I could say that I'm apologetic about that but I needed that sleep so badly y'all. 

My sleep schedule has been all over the place for awhile now, and it felt nice to just kind of reset it by sleeping a full day away. Now that I'm rested let's get into the day!

πŸ… Today's Goals πŸ… 

πŸ“±Clear Out Old Screenshots/Photos
🎨 Spend 10 Minutes Drawing
✉️ Clear Out 10 Emails

πŸŽ€ Today's  Wins πŸŽ€

🟑 I've had just some mild stiffness and soreness but it wasn't as bad as it had been and I'm really grateful for that! I was also still kind of sluggish, but I had to go to work today so I really couldn't lay in bed anymore. 

🚢‍♀️πŸƒ‍♀️πŸŽπŸ— Today's I was under my calorie budget which was fine, I also resisted the temptation of eating a Butterfinger. I have had sweets way too much so I'm going to spend the next couple of days trying to avoid them. I walked for one hour and actually did a little bit of cardio today, though I didn't do a full 15 minutes like I wanted to I kept it very short so I didn't push it while I'm still getting over being sick. Today we had quite a bit of protein, with almost 30 grams in lunch alone.

πŸ“š I did read while I was off sick, I read a grand total of 4 chapters over the course of 2 days, however today I really pushed myself to go above and beyond and read 5 chapters of my current read. I am really enjoying Maeve Fly so far, and though I don't want to let her go just yet I have  lot of books I want to finish this month.


πŸ›Today's Weather πŸ›

🌞 πŸ”₯ πŸ’§ I love the south, truly, but this summer has been ROUGH y'all. Its been so rainy, humid, and just plain hot. Despite this, today it isn't supposed to rain so I am hoping that it doesn't. It rained so badly on Wednesday it knocked out the support for the bridge at my job and it did a crazy amount of damage. Unfortunately its just rained so much we can't dry out and its causing a lot of flooding.

πŸ™ Today's Recap πŸ™

I am really proud of myself for what I accomplished today, I got rid of almost all of my digital trash. I went through all of my emails, my old photos and messages, and made sure to clear out my trash bins. I decided to do this on my computer as well because I still had old thumbnails from my very first blog there (and trust me guys... they weren't cute). 

I am really excited to get my newest drawing project completed. This is a project that I'm going to be submitting into an emagazine, and I think I may also turn it into prints and a trading card. It was originally going to be a painting, however with my joint issues it just became a bit too much to try to paint it traditionally because my canvas was huge, so I switched to digital.

I'm also really excited to see where Maeve Fly goes, I was looking at some of the reviews that my club left and it was incredibly well received so I think this is going to be a swift favorite.


Also, this was from yesterday but I just wanted to share this picture because she is so precious. When I reviewed the Bog Wife by Kay Chronister back in June, I mentioned that my family has a matriarch and I wanted to introduce you guys to her. This is my mamaw Pat, who was celebrating her first day back home after living with me and my family for a month because if a faulty AC unit. I took her out to McAllister's for dinner because she rarely let's me buy her anything.

🌻 Closing 🌻

That's all that I have for you guys right now, I will have Chatterbox posted later today, I'm going to try to go to sleep a little earlier than normal just to kind of get myself back to rights so that I can keep making content for you guys! In the meantime, stay tuned for Horrror Hub tomorrow, and I will catch you guys on the flip side. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)