Daily Little Things: August 2nd 2026
๐ Today's Goals๐
Because today was a reset day, I typically avoid trying to set any additional goals, as my primary focus of the day is finishing the reset.
๐Today's Wins๐
๐ก I woke up with some pretty rough back pain today because I slept weird, and that just kind of lingered and eventually did get worse as I tried to continue on with my normal Sunday routine. Normally I would rest, however I just didnt have that luxury today.
๐ถ♀️๐๐ง I was only slightly over my calorie budget today, however we had the same meal for lunch and dinner and though I had a smaller portion at dinner it put me over by just a few calories. I wasn't particularly disappointed because of it though!
๐ For reading today I read 2.5 chapters of my current read, and was about to read a third chapter but my "quick nap" turned into a 5 hour nap
๐Today's Weather๐
☀️๐ฅ/⛈️๐ช It actually started with a really nice, perfect day. The sun was out, it was super hot, and then it came the biggest downpour that I have seen in quite awhile and it got super super windy and scary. It actually did this a couple of times today.
๐Today's Recap๐
I love taking a Sunday to just kind of get my whole week prepared, to catch up on things that I've had to neglect during the week, and really just resting as much as possible. Working with a chronic illness, especially one that causes chronic pain, can be an incredibly draining thing and I try my best to minimize what I have to handle during that time. My family offers to help me a lot, and sometimes I do take the help like getting some assistance with finishing laundry today so that I didn't make my back pain worse. However, I am stubbornly independent and I will generally the type that will try my best to do everything on my own if I can.
Unfortunately I didn't even do a full reset like I wanted, today we just kind of hit the bare bone basics to make my space liveable and cleaner than it was before. Sometimes that's just all you can do, and though I would have loved to do more, I just wasn't able to do that and I kind of refuse to let that set the tone for the rest of the day or even the rest of week. When you're dealing with chronic illness, you're never guaranteed a day where you're functioning at 100% and I've learned that adjusting my plans to fit what I am physically able to do isn't necessarily a failure of some kind like I had originally thought. In the past I would have pushed myself to complete everything on my to-do list despite being in a lot of pain, and more recently I've discovered that one more load of laundry is not more important than taking steps to decrease the chance that I am going to have a more severe flare up the following day or for multiple days afterward.
๐ปClosing๐ป
Thats all that I have for you guys today, I am so sorry I'm posting this like super late at night, I laid down to "rest my eyes" and I woke up like five hours later. I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend we'll pick things back up tomorrow! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!

Comments
Post a Comment