Daily Little Things: August 1st 2026

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! It has been a hot minute since I've posted Daily Little Things, and I realized how much I actually missed updating this section of the blog! So, I decided August was going to be the month where I brought it back hopefully for good. If you're a new reader, or you just don't remember much about this section, this is the section where I make 3 goals for the day and I do my best to achieve them. These goals are small, no pressure, and something that can easily be completed in one day.

I started doing this as a way to keep myself accountable for still making progress, even if its a day where I don't really have a lot of energy. While I've been away, I've been thinking how I could better convey what type of day that I've had and I think that we ended up with a pretty good system for rating the day and tracking progress! I decided to use emojis as a way of tracking, so that they don't take away from our daily goals. Before I get into the goals I'll explain. 


Classification System

Taking some inspiration from a habit tracker, I'm going to color code what kind of day that I've had so that I have an actual representation of what my day looked like. Its going to go a little something like this:

🟒 Average Day
🟑 Moderate Day
🟠 Mild Flare Up
πŸ”΄ Severe Flare Up
🟣 Perfect Day
πŸ”΅ Rest Day

I also wanted to include some sort of way to track the weather/temperature because sometimes that can really affect my ability to accomplish tasks, as I don't handle heat very well and severe storms can trigger migraines and joint pain that put me in bed for a day or two. I'm going to use 2 different ways to categorize my weather:

🌞 Perfect Weather
☁️ Completely Cloudy 
⛅️ Slightly Cloudy
☔️ Rainy
⛈️ Thunder Storm
☃️ Snowy
___
πŸŒͺ Windy
❄️ Really Cold
πŸ”₯ Really Hot
πŸ’§ Really Humid
🧣 Chilly

Additionally I've wanted to start keeping track of my weight loss journey a little better because I have unfortunately found myself falling back into old habits that I know are not good for me so my hope is that by sharing progress on the internet I can make myself stick to it more. Similar to the weather I'm going to track this 2 ways, first with my calories/diet plan and second with whether I worked out and for how long:

πŸ₯— At Calorie Goal
🍎 Under Calorie Goal
πŸ” Over Calorie Goal
πŸ• Binge
🧁 Ate Sweets
πŸ— Protein Focus 
___
πŸ‹‍♀️ Weight Lifting Focus (At Least 15 Minutes)
πŸƒ‍♀️ Cardio Focus (At Least 15 Minutes)
🚢‍♀️ Walk/Rest Day (30 Minute Minimum)

And the last big thing that I really want to start keeping track of consistently is reading. I have not been hitting my reading goals the past couple of months and I decided to change that for August by setting up a way to actually track how much I'm reading per day.

πŸ“š Read 5 Chapters or More
πŸ“– Read 3 Chapters
πŸ“™ Read 2 Chapters
πŸ“˜ Read 1 Chapter or Less

These will all be found under the "Today's Wins" tab. Now that that's out of the way, let's actually get into our day!

πŸ…Today's GoalsπŸ…


As always, I set 3 daily goals for myself. These goals are things that should be easily achievable within a day. Today these are: 

🎨 Make Progress on Club Art Project
πŸ’» Finish All of the Day's Blog Posts 
✍ Write For At Least 30 Minutes

πŸŽ€Today's WinsπŸŽ€

🟒 I woke up without debilitating joint pain for the first time in over a year so I'm going to count that as a win in and of itself! If you struggle with a chronic illness you know how it is when you wake up to find a consistent symptom that you've experienced has suddenly lessened or gone away entirely, you could just about dance your shoes off from relief!

🚢‍♀️πŸ₯—πŸ§ I actually managed to stay at my calorie goal today which I was very proud of myself for. I have struggled with binge eating due to stress for quite awhile now. While I did make some pretty good choices with my meals I did have a Reese's cup as a little treat. I walked for about 30 minutes simply because I was really tired and didn't want to do anything too strenuous.

πŸ“˜ For reading today I read a combined one chapter, it was a remaining half of a chapter I started before today and then half of a new chapter. It wasn't a lot to start with, however today was pretty busy for me.

πŸ›Today's WeatherπŸ›

☔️ It actually started with a really nice, perfect day. The sun was out, it wasn't boiling hot the way that it has been for most of the summer, it looked like it was going to be a really good day, however it immediately devolved into a rain storm at about noon today. 


πŸ™Today's RecapπŸ™

I'm going to be completely honest by the time I got off work I did not want to fool with working on my art project, so I didn't. However, I worked on some blog posts today and I also spent some time working on my novella that I'm hoping to have published by the end of the month. Obviously the blog posts were finished and posted, and I plan to spend the rest of the night taking a well earned nap.

I work on Saturdays so I really try to take things as easy as I can, as I use my Sundays off for laundry and housework so as soon as I'm off the clock I make every second of relaxation count. That's primarily why today's Recap is so short.

🌻Closing🌻

That's all I have for you guys today but join me tomorrow for Off the Record and Daily Little Things. I will also try to get a Reel Reviews posted if I can, I have a few of those still in my drafts. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)