Chatterbox: What Makes You Happy? (08/06/2026 - 08/12/2026)

 


Hey y'all let's see what's up today! It has been so long since I've shared our weekly discussion topics that I'm actually excited to get back to it. This week has really had me thinking about just celebrating little joys and the little wins. It feels like everything that I have seen on the news or heard through the grapevine this year has just been bad thing after bad thing after bad thing... largely because genuinely bad things have been happening, not just here in America but in other parts of the world as well. It can really make it hard to feel any sort of joy with companies locking entertainment behind paywalls, the government starting wars, and also the appearant inevitability of a surviellance state (I mean genuinely, George Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be fiction y'all?). It feels like everywhere we look something is going wrong.

However, we also live in a time in which a lot of things are going right too. Which brings me to today's discussion topic. I love making lists, and adding those lists to my journals or my scrapbook, or even this blog; so I wanted to give you guys a chance to share a list of your own with me and share what makes you happy. This can be something free, or it can be something that you've bought recently, a recently completed goal, just share something, anything that makes you happy. Here's mine!


My Family & Friends

My family and friends are the biggest thing that makes me happy. I love talking to them, and spending time with them, and celebrating their achievements. They have definitely been my biggest hype people behind the scenes and I am so grateful to have them rooting for me.

Pet Snuggles

I have 3 cats and a chihuahua, and they are all cuddle bugs but Koshkekh is the biggest cuddle bug of them all and he has been since the day that I got him. There's nothing that will drain the tension out of you quite like snuggling up with your pets. 


My Horror Club

I mention my horror club a lot, and for good reason! They are like my family away from my family. I love logging in and seeing what people have been creating, what everyone's been watching or reading, and getting feedback on my own work. To have a community of people that share your interests that you're also able to share your achievements with is really fun and I love that we just lift each other up and introduce each other to new things, it's nothing like what you would find on any other type of social media and I'm so lucky to have it.

Creating

I come from a family of artists, so creating is just in my blood at this point and it is definitely something that has brought so much joy to my life. From the blog to my novel and other creative projects that I've worked on I just feel like creating is such a wonderful outlet. However, I also find a lot of joy in consuming art that other people make. I love reading other blogs, I love finding new authors, there's just something special about supporting and also expanding a community like that.


Collecting

This is something that may surprise some people, but I collect a lot of things. Salt and pepper shakers, clowns, pins, trading cards, and especially horror merchandise are all ways that I show people what I love. I have no doubts that if anyone looked at my collections it would tell them everything they need to know about me with painful accuracy. The best part about collecting though, is when you have pins or keychains on your bag and people are like "Oh I love this show/movie/artist" and then they start showing you their collections too and it's always just really fun to see and take part in.

Admiring Nature

Though Tennessee has its faults (and if you look at any news coming out of Tennessee recently you know we DEFINTITELY have our faults) it is one of the most beautiful places in the world to live. These mountains are older than bones, they are ancient and gorgeous and I have the privilege of having a family of history nerds so I know a lot about them and how civilizations have thrived in this region for centuries. I love looking at them, I take so many photos of the mountains and the sunsets, and just all the beautiful things that are in nature here because there are a lot. These mountains, to me, symbolize perseverance in the face of the environment that you're placed in and I think that's what a lot of people need right now.

Closing

That's all that I have for you guys right now, there are definitely soooo many other things that make me happy, like playing video games with my friends and such, but I didn't want this list to get too out of hand. If you have something that brings you a little joy please feel free to live your own list down in the comments I would love to see what makes you guys happy (bonus points if you share pictures of your fur babies).  If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)