Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This month has been oddly productive for me, so I was really excited about that. We also welcomed a new edition to my family, which I posted over on my Instagram. Despite the fun thst I've had this month, it was of course not without its fair share of challenges. It was very hot and humid for most of May, I have no doubts that's just a small taste of what summer is going to bring us, and as a POTS sufferer I do not fare well in the heat.
This month was absolutely nuts where content is concerned, I didn't plan anything hence why we didn't have any Horror Hub this month despite the new releases. Unfortunately, this is something that is going to continue into June because I still have a lot of drafts to post. However, that is not what this post is for so let's get into what we accomplished this month!
Favorites
I have a lot of favorites this month, so much so that we are even going to have a fashion section!
Movies
I attended a lot of watch parties with my horror club. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out to the theatre at all this month which was pretty unfortunate, but I think the watch parties were a lot more fun anyway, it always feels like a sleepover to me!
Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988) ★★★★★
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) ★★★★★
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) ★★★★★
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) ★★★★☆
Re-Animator (1985) ★★★★☆
Mama (2013) ★★★☆☆
Beyond Re-Animator (2003) ★★★☆☆
Lowlifes (2024) ★★★☆☆
Even Lambs Have Teeth (2015) ★★☆☆☆
Gravedancers (2006) ★★☆☆☆
Books
So I read 5 books this month, one of which I am not able to post a review for just yet and because of that I'm also not including it in the lineup.
The Starving Saints ★★★★★
The Edge of Sleep ★★★★★
Carmilla★★★☆☆
The Invisible Man ★★☆☆☆
Fashion
I am so excited to include a fashion section y'all dont even know! So let's get into this month's outfits:
This outfit I wore for my Cemetery Scavenger Hunt and I think it was arguably my favorite outfit of the month. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too revealing it was perfectly comfortable. My other favorite outfit unfortunately disappeared so I will have to find that later. Music
It is officially Summerween in my household and with that in mind I wanted my playlist to reflect the vibes
Events
I didn't have a lot of events this month, which was to be expected but the events that I did participate in I had a lot of fun with!
May 10th Cemetery Scavenger Hunt: This was well worth the day off work, and not only my did I get to explore some really cool places, share some history, and represent my area the hunt was nationwide and so I go to see some other really cool cemeteries.
May 16th Garage Sale: This was a fun event, but I didn't really make any money so was it worth the day off of work? No but did I have fun with my coworkers? Absolutely!
Goals
This month I gave myself quite a few goals and I feel really proud in saying that I accomplished almost all of them! The only one I really missed was studying 2 topics and that's because I literally forgot about it. Aside from that I read 5 books, I worked out almost every day for at least one hour, I mostly finished all of my incomplete projects (I still have 2 big omes I'm taking my time with), and I've started planning and saving for my trip.
Reading
May's books did not disappoint, however I am going to kind of shy away from classics for a little bit so that I can read a lot more. I find that I enjoy classics but I tend to have a harder time focusing on the material.
Closing
Unfortunately I am using my laptop for something else so this is being written on my phone. With that being said I'm going to have to edit this bad boy later just like I did with my Invisible Man review and what I'll be doing with June's monthly issue as well. Sorry for the inconvenience! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment