Rewind: June 2026

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This month was honestly not as crazy as the past few have been, however I didn't really expect to get a mental drain the way that I did this month. Though I try to prioritize my mental health over quite literally anything else, sometimes we just can't pinpoint when our brains are going to decide that even basic functions are too much.

That being said, I still got quite a bit done this month. I wrote my first short story, I finished my diorama just in time for it to be submitted for an emagazine, and I have started on some other creative projects so I feel like this little rough patch is exactly what I needed to get the creative ball rolling! We have a lot to cover this month, so I'm going to stop stalling and dive on into it.


Favorites

The favorites this month are going to be a little slim, simply because I didn't really go out much nor have I done a whole lot of watching movies this month (which is honestly weird for me).


Movies

Starting off strong we have our movies. To clear up some confusion, the lists that I include in the favorites is not every movie that I watched in a month's time. They're my favorite movies listed in order from the ones that I liked the best to the ones that I still liked enough that I would watch it again, but I wouldn't watch it as often.

The Backrooms (2026) ★★★★★
Screamboat (2025) ★★★★★
Ringu (1998) ★★★★★
Ringu Spiral (1998) ★★★★★
Ringu 2 (1999) ★★★★☆
Ringu 0 (2000) ★★★★☆
Dolly (2025) ★★★☆☆
Psycho Beach (2000) ★★☆☆☆


Books

As much as I wanted to read a lot this month, unfortunately I only got to read one book. A large part of this was due to my mental health just absolutely draining me. However, in saying that the book that I read was amazing and you guys should go read it! The Bog Wife by Kay Chronister is probably one of my favorites this year.


Fashion

I didn't really have any favorite outfits specifically this month either, however I did buy some really cool earrings, and these worm on a string earrings felt perfect for pride month (they're also just... objectively my favorite I feel so silly wearing them)

 

Music

This month I didn't really have a specific vibe for June, because my mental health has been all over the place I've preferred listening to ambience music, and so I made this Liminal Spaces playlist that I really like because it fit the vibe for June in my opinion. I have had this playlist going day and night pretty much all month long. 


 Events

This month I only went to one big event, which was Saucers Over Appalachia on June 13th. I had a blast with my parents at this event, I made an entire Horror Hub post for it if you guys want to check that out and learn a bit more about the festival. It was a great time and it's become our little tradition.



Goals

I struggled a lot with goals this month, and I am not too proud to admit that either. This was a bad period with my mental health so I was more focused on handling that and that's okay.

πŸ“š Read at Least 5 Books: This was a goal I obviously did not hit, but hopefully I manage to get over that in July.

πŸ“±Post More on Social Media: This I acrually managed to do. I posted a lot on my Instagram and my TikTok this month so I'm quite proud of that.

πŸ– Finish All Current Projects: I also managed to complete this goal for the month, mostly. I finished my 2 main projects and was able to start 2 more.

Reading

Reading is where I really fell slack this month, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I had hoped to do more than I actually did, but at least I finished one book I'm not mad about that.

Closing

Overall we had a pretty successful month over here,challenges aside. I will still be off schedule for posting coming into July but hopefully we'll get these drafts knocked out of the park. I'm going to be seeing the extended cut of the Backrooms Friday night with my coworker so I'm pretty excited to share that with you all, I also have some movie reviews to share in my drafts that I need to get posted soon please be on the lookout for those. As we settle into July I just want to remind you guys that it's okay to take time for yourselves and have a slow month. Even if all you did this month was play Minecraft and watch old Markiplier episodes (totally not admitting guilt over here) I hope you're still proud of what you accomplished. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)