Horror Hub: Saucers Over Appalachia


 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This weekend I had the pleasure of attending Saucers Over Appalachia, which is an alien festival hosted in Bristol on the Tennessee, Virginia state line. This festival is free to attend, and it's an absolutely amazing experience for paranormal lovers so I thought that should be the focus of today's post considering I haven't done a Horror Hub in almost a month. 


The History

Appalachia has a very rich paranormal and folklore centered history, however, Saucers Over Appalachia highlights the UFO craze that took America by storm in the 1970s. The reports detailed strange floating lights in the sky, unidentified flying objects (or UFOs), and even attempted kidnappings! Such reports and stories have continued to amaze, interest, and even draw enthusiasts from across the nation. This festival highlights our wonderfully weird history, and even collects it all into a pretty handy booklet that you can purchase at the festival from the festival's hosts.


The Event

So this event is, as I mentioned above, completely free to attend. It's held in the historic Cumberland State Park right on the state line of Tennessee and Virginia. The park has some amazing statues, a band stand for the live music performers that play for the festival, and even a helicopter that looks like it's swooping down at you! 


The event features a lot of local artists and musicians, which I personally find delightful as an artist myself because it is a really good time to network with other creatives. It's also just really nice to support other small businesses and see everyone's cool costumes for the costume contest like these awesome guys!

My Experience

This is my second year going, and just like last year I had a lot of fun but there is just so much to look at it's hard to remember to take pictures! My mom was able to get this really nice shot of the family...


And I was able to get this shot of my parents!




Closing

If you haven't had the chance to visit Saucers Over Appalachia, please make the trip because it is so fun, you meet so many amazing people, and it's just a fantastic place to meet fellow paranormal and horror enthusiasts! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)