Whiskful Thinking: Taco Bell Dupe


 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This recipe is going to be similar to my Southwest Burrito recipe, which you can also find under the Whiskful Thinking section here on my blog. However, today we're going to be making fast food at home. I owe this idea to AppleSauceandADHD on TikTok, who inspired me to share my own version of this recipe. This is just going to be for the meat filling because I don't know how you guys like to assemble your tacos.

This recipe is not vegetarian or vegan, and potentially not Kosher or Halal friendly, however you can swap ingredients as needed. I have made this with plant based "ground beef" and its come out basically the same.

Ingredients

🌮 1 Package of Ground Turkey, Chicken, or Beef
🌮 1 Can of Beans, Drained (Optional)
🌮 1 Package of Frozen Fire Roasted Corn (Optional)
🌮 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
🌮 1/2 Cup of Water

The Details

Start by heating up your skillet, I put mine on medium high (around the 6 on most electric stoves). Depending on what type of meat you are cooking you may have to oil your pan just a little bit, I find with ground turkey that using a paper towel to lightly oil the pan keeps it from sticking but this is completely optional. When the pan is heated, add in your protein and immediately begin stirring and chopping the meat into smaller pieces, you're going to want to do this until the meat is lightly browned (not gray, please for the love of everything cook your food properly).

When the meat begins to get a little browning on it drain off some of the oil before adding in 1/2 cup of water and an entire pack of taco seasoning. I add the water in slow increments because sometimes I don't use the entire cup, but you want just enough to cover the meat. You're then going to add your beans and fire roasted corn if you would like to add those in, you can also add chilis or some onion at this point. Turn the heat to low and stir continuously until most of the water has evaporated.

Closing

Now, I am just one person, so this makes a lot of taco/burrito filling for me, If you have a family or a lot of people you're cooking for you may want to double or even triple the incriments. If you guys would like, I'd be happy to share my dupe for the soft taco supreme, beefy 5 layer burrito, and other Taco Bell favorites that you can make at home right in your kitchen. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)