Whiskful Thinking: Chocolate Banana Bread

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! So I made banana bread for the first time, and it didnt turn out quite the way I'd hoped because I used the wrong flour, but it was still really good so I wanted to share this recipe for a chocolate banana bread. This recipe also works for regular banana bread, just remove the Nutella and chocolate chips.

This recipe can be vegetarian, vegan, Kosher, and Halal friendly. However, I used eggs for mine, but you may substitute them if your dietary restrictions require it.


Ingredients 


🍌 3 to 4 Ripened Bananas
🍌 4 Tablespoons of Nutella (Optional)
🍌 1/4 Cup of Chocolate Chips (Optional)
🍌1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
🍌 1 and 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
🍌1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
🍌1 Large Egg
🍌 1 Teaspone of Vanilla Extract
🍌 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
🍌 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
🍌 1/2 Teaspoon of All Spice or Pumpkin Pie Spice


The Details


Preheat your oven to 350°F or 175°C and lightly grease your baking vessel of choice or line it with parchment paper, for this recipe I used a 9 by 9 pan because it was all I had on hand. 

While your oven is preheating, in a large mixing bowl mash your ripe bananas with a fork until they are smooth and then begin to stir in your melted butter. Mix together your egg, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and spices until combined with the banana and butter mixture.

Lastly add in your flour and baking soda and mix until everything is combined and there are no clumps remaining.  At this stage you may also add in your Nutella, chocolate chips, or nuts if preferred.

Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake at 350 until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean with no traces of unbaked batter clinging to it.


Closing


This recipe was a really big hit with my family, and I hope its a hit with yours as well! If you give this a try yourself let me know how it turns out in the comments or tag me on Instagram I'd love to see what you guys come up with! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)