Closet Confessions: Business Wear and Personal Style
Hey y'all lets see what's up today! This section is where I talk all things fashion. I really like fashion just as a topic of discussion, I shop a lot of second hand stores and small businesses and I really just like having a place to express my thoughts on various things in the fashion industry as a whole. In this post I wanted to talk about business wear and personal style because that's something that I know a lot of people struggle with and there are often times where your job dress code clashes with your personal style and that is just no fun for anyone involved. I'm going to share some tips on what I do to personally spice up my wardrobe and hopefully I can help you out along the way. I've been doing secretarial work since I was 14 and so I've got a lot of experience on this particular subject.
#1: Browse
No matter what your style may be, there are actually a lot of options to find business wear. I get most of mine from Goodwill, other consignment shops, Torrid, and Shein. However I've also been able to create other styles from brands like Scarlet Darkness which lean more toward Gothic clothing. It is always worth browsing around and looking at websites, or even looking at Amazon for clothes that fit your style and also your business dress code.
#2 Make Sure It's Comfortable
I cannot stress this enough, make sure your clothes are comfortable. If you have 8 hour days, make sure that you're wearing something that you're going to be comfortable in for those 8 hours. I personally stay away from heels and wearing heavy garments, I prefer to layer up that way if I get too hot I can just take off a layer and I also eliminate discomfort from my shoes instead of being uncomfortable all day.
#3 Accessorize
Even if your job has a strict dress code like eliminating printed shirts and jeans, you can always wear accessories that make your outfit feel a little more like you. I personally wear a lot of weird earrings and jewelry to express myself in positions where I have been very limited on the style of clothing that I can wear.
I think it is incredibly important to express yourself, however you also need to work and it is sometimes difficult to balance the two. I prefer to be very modest in my usual style anyway, so I've not really had issues fitting in with most dress codes because of how I dress. However, I know there are resources out there that are available to help you out, I'll list some favorites down here.
#4 Take Care of Your Clothes
Closing
That is all that I have for you all for right now, however I am continuing my content cleanout right up until the end of May so expect more from me soon! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment