The Monthly Issue: April 2026
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Spring has officially sprung and I am really feeling like doing a yellow theme for April. However, for some reason my background banner has chosen not to cooperate with that so I'm just letting it do its thing. Spring is always one of those weird seasons for me, and I don't really know why it is but hopefully I will have a better time with April than I have with the past 3 months so far.
Upcoming Events
Just like with March I don't really have any upcoming events planned, and this is largely because I now work Saturdays and half days throughout the week with my new part time schedule. However, by leaving my calendar open I think that definitely provides some opportunity.
Goals
My goals for April are going to be kind of all over the place as usual, but I am really excited for them.
🎨 Paint More: I kind of have a love hate relationship with painting specifically, but I'd love to paint more this month and really get some use out of my canvases, especially considering how many of them I've obtained randomly.
📞 Do More Electronic-Free Activities: Being sick last month I did what most people do, and that was basically settle into bed with my laptop and phone so that I could watch movies or scroll social media between sleeping. I don't want to do that this month, and instead want to focus on more electronic-free activities like crochet and sketching. I've already been planning on how to do this, I just need to get some more film for my polaroid camera.
🥗 Eat Better: I am someone who stress eats and I was stress eating a lot during the winter months so it's time for me to really lock in and build some better habits before summer gets here. I was almost passed my highest weight that I've ever hit and I could feel the physical effects of that, so we're going to be making some changes.
Blog Content
I said previously that I didn't want to plan blog content, but I changed my mind. I want to post more on my Substack and start producing more paid content because I'd hopefully like to do this as a job, even just part time, and I feel like if people are going to pay for content then they need to get a menu of the content to expect. Please note, due to my chronic illness sometimes I may be a day late on posting some of these but I'm going to try to prevent that from happening and stick to this schedule as closely as possible.
Horror Hub: Horror Hub will always be on Fridays, if you like horror this is your one stop shop for weird facts, movie recommendations, new releases, and other such information. You may also see some items that are not titled Horror Hub but may be in the Horror Hub tab such as movie and book reviews.
Chatterbox: This is coming to you guys on Thursdays, these are our weekly discussion topics that I encourage you all to engage with if you'd like!
Dust Busters: This is a cleaning and reorganizing related section, I'll be doing a couple of them this month but I won't be dedicating specific days to them.
Mindful Moments: Much like Dust Busters I'll be doing a couple of posts in this section but not many, these will be primarily mental health related topics.
Notes From the Author: Join me on Mondays for Notes From the Author where we discuss writing tips and tricks
Pretty Sketchy: I've made a few of these posts before, and I would like to continue to make them so I'll be sharing these with you on Wednesdays
Anthropology Alcove: This post will come at the end of the month, perhaps the middle if I get enough time to work on it, these posts are generally much longer than my normal posts and they require a lot of research.
That's all that I have planned specifically for the month, but you will also get some Reel Reviews, Whiskful Thinking, and Bookmarked posts this month as well along with the monthly Rewind. I'd also like to ease back into doing Off the Record on Sundays but I don't want to push it just yet.
Closing
That's all that I have for you guys for now, I hope everyone has an amazing April, I know I'm certainly going to try to. If you have any requests for content please feel free to pop it in the comments! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒
Comments
Post a Comment