Notes from the Author: Writing Resources
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! After sharing some of my writing essentials with you guys last week, I wanted to share some resources that I use. Some of these are free, some of these aren't, but all of them are resources that I have personally tested and can voucher for. I'm not listing these in any particular order, they're all great in their own ways!
📙 EA Deverell: This is a website for authors by authors. I used this a lot back when I was planning on paper, they have a decent mix of free and paid resources for you to access. Personally, I have not used the paid ones, however I did use their free printables a lot when I was starting out with my novel.
📙Pinterest: This one is, admittedly, hit or miss. However, I use Pinterest a lot for things like my character creation and inspiration, I have boards for each of my characters and each location my characters visit that are just filled to the brim with inspiration for each character. I also use Pinterest for writing prompts when I'm warming up to begin working on my actual novel.
📙Campfire: This is the writing software that I mentioned in my last Notes from the Author post, and again I cannot recommend it enough for just how easy it is to organize all of my thoughts and notes in one place. It's been one of my essentials since I subscribed to them because of how easy it is to use. I list this as a resource as well because the layouts for each template really prompt you to think past the surface level of your characters and settings and that is very important in order to avoid having flat characters.
📙Start With This: This is a podcast you can find on Spotify, it is hosted by the creators of Welcome to Night Vale, and it is a really good tool that I think more creatives should know about. It's another good way to warm up or try getting started if you want to dip your toes into writing.
Closing
There are so many other writing resources out there available to you, even just in the #author and #writing tags on Tumblr and I highly suggest looking in even the strangest of places for some potential inspiration or tips and tricks on how to improve your skills. I am by no means an expert, I'm not even published, but I have noticed an improvement in my skills since utilizing resources online. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒
Comments
Post a Comment