Hey y'all let's see what's up today! As we finish March and we step into April, I wanted to use this as a time to shed bad habits and welcoming in some new ones. This came with a few new challenges, the first of many being time. Another big challenge that I faced this month was more common flare ups from my chronic illnesses. I caught a viral respiratory infection the first week of March, and then had symptoms of said viral respiratory infection for the rest of the month, I'm still getting rid of symptoms from that (I was told they could last 3 to 8 weeks so lets hope it stops soon).
Aside from that, though, March was really good for me. I got some new furniture, I was able to get my hours cut to part time so that I can take better care of my health, and hopefully that means that we'll also be seeing some more content rolling out more consistently. While I may be stepping back to prioritize my health I'm not going to be spending that additional time doing nothing after all!
Additionally, I've decided to add a little something to these monthly Rewinds. It was something that I did on my previous blog and I had an entire post dedicated to it, but it's instead going to get its own section in the Rewind and that is going to be monthly Favorites. These are going to be movies, shows, music, books, and maybe even some products that I really enjoyed throughout the month and I thing other people should check out I'll link as much of it as I can.
Favorites
As I mentioned above, this is the favorites section and these are just little monthly recommendations, they're things that I really enjoyed this month, and I want to share them with you guys! This will be split into smaller sections but I'll make sure that everything is clearly labeled just like I do with every section on the blog here.
Books
Starting off with my favorite section, books! I read 3 books this month, 2 new books and I revisited Coffin Moon this month because I wanted to give it another chance, and just like Terrifier after reading it again I kinda fell in love with it just a little bit. I will link all of them if you want to check them out for yourselves.
I think that you guys will really enjoy these novels, I know I certainly did for the most part, I wish I had been able to finish more books this month, but alas it simply wasn't in the cards.
Movies
I have been watching a lot of movies lately, both in and out of my horror fanclub. In March we watched a lot of good ones, and I watched a few on my own as well.
Jennifer's Body (2008) ★★★★★
Urban Legend (1998) ★★★★★
Terrifier (2016) ★★★★★
Terrifier 2 (2022) ★★★★★
Terrifier 3 (2024) ★★★★★
The Babadook (2014) ★★★★★
Midsommar (2019) ★★★★★
Moebious (2013) ★★★★☆
The Hallow (2015) ★★★★☆
The Hole in the Ground (2019) ★★★⛤⛤
Some of these didn't get very high ratings simply because of content or the story itself, but I still thoroughly enjoyed them regardless which is why they made the list even if they weren't a perfect 5 stars.
Music
Typically I would like to have a products tab for the Favorites section, but I didn't really try any new products this month so I'm skipping straight to the music. I wanted to keep things energized with my playlist this month, and these are songs that generally speaking make me want to just dance, jump around or get something done which is exactly what I needed after being sick for so long.
Goals
Goals this month were, as they were the past two months, very hard for me. However, I actually did get some stuff accomplished! The goals were:
🎨Complete at Least One Art Piece
📚Finish All Current Reads
💰Get My Finances Back on Track
These goals were not entirely completed in full, and I was actually okay with that because I made a tremendous amount of progress with them as well as with some other things I had going on. For instance though I didn't finish all of my current reads, I finished 3 out of the 4, and though I didn't complete one art piece, I got back into the groove of drawing for longer periods of time.
I don't mind not completing goals like this if progress has been made because sometimes things happen that our out of our control. Illness was a big one for me, as well as my bed breaking and me having to get another bed on very short notice.
Reading
As I mentioned above I was very proud of my reading efforts this month with 3 out of 4 of my current reads getting finished and even getting to revisit Coffin Moon a second time this month. I chose some quite large novels to read, though two of the books were book club picks. My inability to finish Jade City last month was entirely my fault it is a very thick novel and I had been switching between a physical and digital copy trying to finish it.
Events
I didn't really go to any events or anything this month, which was fine, I really felt like I needed to be home anyway. I had a lot to do around the house this month to prepare for spring and I was glad that I gave myself space to accomplish that despite other challenges that I had.
Closing
That's all that I have for you guys right now, keep an eye out for April's monthly issue we're going to be changing some things around as much as I can I want to keep things interesting for you guys. If you feel comfortable, tell me how March went for you! What are your hopes for April? Do you just want to chill in the void for a bit to get away from everything (because that is such a mood)? If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒
Comments
Post a Comment