Horror Hub: Saint Patrick's Day Horror Films

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! As I mentioned before, I wanted to try to find horror movies for each holiday. Now, finding Saint Patrick's Day horror films proved to be pretty difficult, however I'm also going to throw in some Irish horror films that might introduce you to some other aspects of Irish folklore and other spooky tales from the country.



🍀 Red Clover: This film follows a young woman that accidentally releases a homicidal leprechaun while out hunting that brings back some disturbing memories from her town's past. I have not personally watched this film, but it has come highly recommended to me so I think it's definitely worth giving a look. It has a 4.3 out of 5 stars on IMDB and it's available on Tubi, PLEX, and Amazon Prime.
 
🍀 Leprechaun: This franchise is probably one of my favorites, I've seen all of them. They're campy, they're gorey, and they're just a lot of fun. I watch these every Saint Patrick's Day. The films themselves have between a 3.0 and a 5.0 star rating on IMDB and most of them are available on Peacock or Amazon Prime

🍀 Rawhead Rex: This is an Irish horror film in which a dinosaur-like creature called Rawhead is awakened from its slumber to terrorize an Irish village. This creature feature has a rating of 5 stars on IMDB and is available for streaming on AMC+, Shudder, or Amazon Prime.

🍀 The Hole in the Ground: This is an Irish horror film that takes place out in the country, it is a psychological thriller turned paranormal creature feature in which a mother believes that her son is not actually her son. This is available on Tubi and it's a fantastic watch, it has a score of 3 stars out of 5 on IMDB.

🍀 Getting Lucky: A nerdy student's life changes after he crosses paths with a mysterious leprechaun. This 1989 film is only available on Prime Video, and has a solid 4.2 of 5 star rating on IMDB. 

🍀Unlucky Charms: Five girls go from fighting to be models to fighting for their lives against four malicious supernatural entities led by infamous Irish fae Farr Darrig (Fear Dearg). This 2013 film has a 3.7 of 5 rating on IMDB and is available to watch on Tubi, Prime Video, and Fubo.

🍀St. Patrick's Day: This nod to iconic 80s slasher films has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 on IMDB. I haven't seen this film yet, however as someone who enjoys the iconic slasher films of the 1980s I think this has definitely worked its way up my list. You can find this movie available to watch on Prime Video

Closing

There are so many more Irish and Saint Patrick's Day horror films out there that did not make this list for the sake of length and also because some did not, at a glance or to my knowledge, appear to fit the theme so I didn't include them. If you have anything you'd like to add to this list please let me know in the comments I'd love to hear from you! That's all that I have for you guys right now, but stay tuned I have some more fun things in store for you all later this month. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)