Dust Busters: Spring Cleaning

 



   Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Today I wanted to talk about Spring Cleaning. That has been something that I've been focused on this week, as I'm sure everyone else has. This is more aimed towards people who maybe just got their first place and don't know where to start or maybe you're like me and you just get overwhelmed really easily.



Make a List

    As you have no doubt noticed, lists are the bread and butter of my day to day life. I make lists for everything, I find that they help me stay organized. I tend to color code my lists for cleaning, I don't color code them the same way each time of course, but I use the lists to break down what I need to do. I tend to divide my cleaning into sections:

   πŸ€Bathroom

   πŸ€Pets

   πŸ€Desk

   πŸ€Book Shelves

   πŸ€Bed

   πŸ€Closet

   πŸ€Collectibles

   πŸ€Skin/Haircare and Makeup

   πŸ€Art Supplies

   πŸ€Trash/Clutter

   πŸ€Floors

After this large breakdown, I will then divide it into smaller sections. I find that it keeps me from getting overwhelmed because I have a clear game plan for how to tackle my cleaning. 



Pick a Section

    I don't follow my list in any particular order, usually I have a list physically that I will put on my kitchen table, but I also have a digital to-do list on my cell phone that I can also cross off and reference. I tend to do the harder things first so like deep cleaning my closet and cleaning out my book shelves are typically the first thing that I do because a lot of laundry is involved in that as well as a bit of heavy lifting because my closet is also used for storage and... well I have a TON of books and cook books.

    I also find that it's easier to spot clean if you have the heavy stuff out of the way. I also tend to handle any trash or clutter while I clean, but I don't cross this off of my list until all of the trash bags have been tossed into the bin. Because I do most of my cleaning in general on the weekends, I also factor in my pet care to the list, I have pet rats, and once a week I tear down their cage to wash the cage and the plastic liners and I want to ensure that I leave myself time for that task. 

    Though I don't follow the list in any particular order, I do vacuum, sweep, and mop after I've finished the rest of my list so the floors are the last task that I will tackle. I do this because it just feels like it makes the most sense, if you drop something while cleaning you don't want to have to re-clean your floors.



Products

    Now we're into the fun part, I absolutely LOVE cleaning products, though I am limited on what I'm able to use. I have an allergy to something called Sulfate, which is a main ingredient in a lot of your liquid soaps, shampoos, and detergents. It isn't a severe allergy but it can leave my skin itchy and raw so I just avoid it all together. I also have to be careful because of my asthma, so I try to get lightly scented products.

    I've been using Ever Spring products for about four years now? I absolutely adore their multipurpose cleaner because it isn't streaky. That was the first product of theirs that I purchased a long with their disinfectant wipes, and it lead me to try other products like their bathroom cleaner and wood cleaner and I've been pleased with all of them. I also use their detergent, it smells very nice I get the lemon and mint scent and I think it just makes everything smell really fresh.

    I use their cleaning cloths and reusable paper towels for cleaning, I wasn't sure how reusable paper towels worked because they came in this like stiff sheet, but you just wipe up a mess or some cleaner and then I haven't put these in my washer yet, but I'm sure you could. I just wash them by hand with a little detergent and hot water and leave them on a flat surface to dry. Their cleaning cloths are very handy, they come with 3 different textures, and while I was a bit worried because they were listed as microfiber cloths, they actually didn't irritate any of my texture sensitivities which is great!

    I have also been using Method's disinfectant toilet bowl cleaner as well as their floor cleaner, I really like these products so far, and I am currently researching to see if I can use any of their other products. I'm very diligent when it comes to my allergies, and I also have to be cautious because I have pets in the home, so as I always suggest: do your research!



Closing

    That is all that I have as far as Spring Cleaning tips and recommendations for you guys, if you have anything you'd like to add to this list feel free to drop it in the comments! I'll be breaking down the list that I made into smaller, more detailed sections so keep an eye out for that. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

πŸ’ Check Out What Else I've Been Up To πŸ’ 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)