Chatterbox: Does Everything Feel Like A "Limited Drop" Now? (03/26/2026 - 04/01/2026)



 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! First and foremost I needed to change the Chatterbox date again, we'll now be having that on Thursdays to help spread things out a bit more evenly. I've talked on the blog before about how everything feels like it's just one giant advertisement now. From our streaming services and games to even our social media everything is just riddled with advertisements to the point it feels... corny. However, there's another big thing that I've noticed in the past year or so, coupled with the ever present motion of trends and that is almost everything feels "Limited Edition".

I started noticing it when I received an advertisement from Cirkul, releasing their new "Bottle Drops" that had limited edition flavors, water bottles, and other accessories that were limited release. This sort of kicked off a cycle of noticing that a lot of things are limited release. Things that absolutely should not be limited release are becoming limited release items. I've seen everything from water bottles to pre-workout products labeled as "Limited Drops".


Personally speaking, I think that this is a trend that has taken over most stores and retail companies. While it can be exciting to collaborate with celebrities or other brands, when you are consistently having these massive limited release drops that also fail to have enough product for people to buy (because let's be real scalpers are a parasite for any brand) it just generates a lot of annoyance for the average consumer. 

A big example of this is the Monster High Skullector dolls, while they're amazing additions for collectors, they often get snatched up by scalpers before fans can buy, end up resold for triple the original selling price, and they deprive the company of making more money. Additionally it just takes away from the feeling of excitement that used to come with limited release items if there's limited drop after limited drop. 


I think greed both from corporations and resellers has ruined what's supposed to be an exciting moment by turning it into a mad dash for people trying to grow their collection to actually attempt at buying an item. This mad dash can really discourage people from trying to collect because there comes this feeling of "Why bother, the resellers will get it as soon as it drops" with each release. Discouraging collectors will also, eventually, bring sales for corporations and resellers down as well so it becomes a situation in which nobody wins.


Closing

That's all that I have for you guys right now. Do you think that limited edition items are becoming too common? Do you think that scalpers and resellers are making the experience more difficult for new/younger collectors? Let me know what you think in the comments! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

πŸ’ Check Out What Else I've Been Up To πŸ’ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)