Whiskful Thinking: Jell-O Pie


 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! This dessert comes from my great granny. She would make some flavor of this pie every year for Thanksgiving and other holidays, and it's been a household favorite for a long time now. Though I've been making this for a few years myself, it still doesn't taste quite as good as my nanny's but I think you guys will enjoy it! This is not kosher or halal because of how gelatin is made but I am trying to find a way to make this work with some other methods and will update this recipe once I find something.

This dessert is quick, easy, and its sure to be a knockout each time! 


Ingredients

🥧1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust 

🥧1 Packet of Flavored Gelatin, Any Flavor Will Work

🥧2 Packets of Vanilla Pudding Mix

🥧1 Large Tub of Cool Whip


The Details

    This pie needs to chill for at least 3 hours before serving, however it is best left overnight. Depending on the size of your crust, this will make about 8 to 10 slices. This desert is not very sweet, however if you are diabetic or just conscious of your sugar intake you can use sugar free ingredients. I also use a store bought crust, but homemade is equally delicious.


Instructions

🥧 Bring one cup of water to a boil and stir in gelatin until completely combined

🥧 In a large mixing bowl, empty both pudding packets and add in the liquid gelatin, please be careful as it is very hot at this point.

🥧 Stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, I have found it better to use a whisk, however I put it in my sister's stand mixer the last time that I made it and that was much more disability-friendly just be sure to keep your mixer on low or attach the splash guard if your mixer came with one.

🥧 As you're mixing the pudding with the gelatin, add one cup of cold water to the mixture, you can also use soda if you prefer, I made a lime version of this pie with a little Moonmist Faygo and it was delicious.

🥧 Once the mixture begins to set add in the entire tub of whipped cream, I did it in small scoops just to avoid setting the gelatin too quickly as my whipped cream was still a little frozen in the center.

🥧 After all of the ingredients are combined, pour the mixture into your pie crust. You may also add toppings at this point if desired.

🥧 Place into the fridge overnight, or in the freezer for about an hour.


Closing

I hope you all enjoy this recipe, if you make it feel free to tag me online or share photos in the comments I'd love to see how you guys do!  If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)