Off the Record: January 4th, 2026
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Today we're going off the record, I'm going to spend the day with you guys and unlike my Daily Little Things posts you guys are going to be getting a view at what things look like in my house on a lazy Sunday.
While I technically started my day with some laundry (that I may or may not have chosen to neglect almost all weekend). I'm going to say that I actually started my say with coffee and a strawberry vanilla filled croissant. The weather is really nice today so I chose to eat breakfast and work outside. So here's what the plan is for today:
🥐☕️ - Eat Breakfast 💻 - Edit Last Night's Blog Post📖- Read At Least 1.5 Chapters of Current Read💻- Work on All of Today's Blog Posts (3 Total)🗓 - Plan the Week
Edit Last Night's Blog Post
I decided to edit before I did anything else, because that has been bugging me all night but I didn't really have a way to fix it. My laptop was updating and I went to bed almost as soon as I uploaded the post! But with that out of the way we can focus on more important matters.
Planning
As much as I want to dive straight into my current read, I'm going to be responsible and plan my week out first. I choose to have 2 separate planners, I have a personal planner for things like my budget, cleaning, meal prep, etc. And then I have a business planner where I plan things like content for the blog, drawing/writing sessions, and keep track of my deadlines.
This is my personal planner, I got it at Hobby Lobby because I really liked the sort of retro aesthetic that it has. This planner is refillable and can actually be used kind of like a wallet it has pockets for that sort of thing. Now when I plan, I do kind of go on a day by day basis. However, I love utilizing the stickers and little sticky note sets that come with these planners by the Paper Studio, so basically all I'm doing today is putting those in and also filling out the first day of my habit trackers.
This is what that looks like for me, I fully believe in making planners fun and enjoyable to use and this is how I do that. I've found that I'm more likely to use it if I can customize it to my preferences.
I also took some time to mark my pay day and also when a few bills were due on the calendar portion of my planner and I also planned out my gym days and when I planned to make a credit card payment as I pay my loan and credit card payments weekly instead of monthly to pay them off faster.
Now we're on to the work planner! This is a spiral bound planner made by the Paper Studio as well because it does not allow for inserts like meal and budget planning sheets, making it perfect for less detailed planning.
This is how my business planner looks, I still keep track of things like my spending habits and my habit of the week (in this case reading) and it is absolutely filled with stickers and sticky notes to make it more fun to utilize this planner but I also take this on a day by day basis unless I have content or something else planned in advance.
The Current Read
And now, finally, I can dive into my current read which is Thirteen Storeys by the brilliant Jonathan Sims.
I've thoroughly enjoyed this book so far, which is no surprise as I'm a very big fan of Mr. Sims other works. His take on horror is something that is unique and it makes the mundane seem horrifying in a way I've not seen done very often. It may seem as if I'm struggling with it if you've been keeping up with my Daily Little Things posts, however that's not the case. If I were feeling well I'd have this book absolutely devoured in one sitting.
Writing Blog Posts
Last but not least, dinner tonight was beef stew with cornbread. I don't normally eat lunch on weekends, so I just wait until later in the day to eat dinner.
Closing
That's all that I have for this first session of Off the Record, I'll see you guys next Sunday with hopefully a better or more interesting post. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!




.png)
Comments
Post a Comment