Horror Hub: Scream 7

Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Today I wanted to talk about an upcoming release for Scream 7. This appears to be the firey grand finale to the iconic slasher series. Though the movie doesn't release until February 27th, so we won't be able to see if they will leave space for another film or a sequel until it hits the big screen based of the advertisements I'm  going to say this is going to be the last film for the franchise at this point.



According to IMDB we have quite the cast lined up for this film including Matthew Lillard returning as Stu Macher, Neve Campbell returning as Sydney Prescott, and David Arquette returning as Dewey Riley. I won't spoil too much about the plot but I believe we're really going to see some crucial developments for Sydney Prescott this time around and I'm curious to see what the directors have planned for one of our most iconic modern final girls.


There is apparently a lot of controversy with Scream 7, and with the franchise in general after actress Melissa Barrera was relieved of her role by Spy Media back in 2023. This announcement was followed by Jenna Ortega's departure due to supposed scheduling conflicts with Wednesday. Some fans are even calling for a boycott of the film in solidarity with Barrera however it seems like no concrete plans for an officially organized boycott are in place at this time. 


While I support their reasonings and their cause, I do believe it is highly unfair to the other actors, actresses, and the artists behind the film to boycott the release. Because of that, I won't personally be skipping this film, but I respect the cause of those that do. I haven't seen talk of boycotting the film since the announcement of it's release so maybe some people have changed their minds but it's hard to say.

That's all I have for you guys this time around, I can't wait to do a Reel Reviews post for this film as well as the other Scream movies so keep an eye out for that. Let me know in the comments if you plan to go see Scream 7 and what you guys wanna see next on the Horror Hub! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 

🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)