Horror Hub: The Midnight Monsters Club


 Hey y'all let's see what's up today! If you guys have read any of posts here in the Horror Hub or even my Bookmarked review of Karaoke Night, you've heard me mention the Midnight Monsters Club. Today, I'd like to discuss exactly what that club is, for those of you that are unfamiliar with it because I think it's really cool and if you're a die hard horror fan like I am you definitely need to check it out. I wanted to use this post to kind of promote the club a little bit because I think it's really fun and my fellow monsters are a delightful bunch.


What is The MMC?

The Midnight Monsters Club feels like it's equal parts a fan club, secret society, and creative project all in one. You'll meet so many talented creatives, fright-loving fans, and really get the chance to network with others that live and breathe this genre. Horror is not only my favorite genre of media to consume, it's also my creative niche so I really feel like I've found my little creepy hallway of the internet to lurk in. The best part is the club is constantly growing, it's always changing, and there is always something new or exciting going around that you get to take part in.


Club Activities

The MMC is not just a discussion group, there are so many activities to take part in. These activities will challenge you creatively, or even broaden your horizons for new titles and creators within the genre. We have seasonal activities, and are even branching out to more in person events. To name a few there are:

👻 Watch Parties: If you're looking to find some new horror films or maybe want the chance to revisit some old ones, they host watch parties where you can stream films with other members of the club. They even allow you to set reminders within the app so that you don't miss the event. I don't attend these very often, however I do like finding something new every now and again.

👻 The Midnight Ink Society: For fellow horror authors out there, the Midnight Ink Society is a hosted horror themed writing challenge similar to NaNoWriMo. The themes are, of course, all horror related and are shared within their own section of the club's page. This is also something that I haven't participated in actively but I would like to once I get some more progress made on my novel and have the ability to take some steps back.

👻 Product Reviews: While only a small purchase of one sticker is required to join the Midnight Monster Club, after that most of the club activities are free unless you would like a premium membership. However, they have a pretty well curated list of bits and baubles that you can purchase and review if you would like it's not a mandatory function of the club. I do, however, suggest getting the air fresheners if you see them, they always smell amazing!

👻 Book Club: This was something I hadn't taken part in until December, but I will routinely be popping in for book club because I've enjoyed the reads suggested to me so far.

Aside from the official activities there are also other little things that individual members post in the club such as Horror History articles, Would You Rather, Horror Bingo, and other fun activities for you to engage with at your leisure.


Premium Membership

Though the premium membership is not required to join in on the scares, I think it's a fantastic perk of the club, as you get some exclusive merchandise. You get stickers, pins, and so many other goodies delivered right to your door, and it's a really good way to boost your horror merch collection if you don't have a lot to begin with and the price is pretty reasonable. I chose to get the premium membership simply because I love being active in the club and I knew it was going to be worth it.


Meeting Other Fans

I’ve always been socially awkward, and in some ways I still am. To say that I’ve found a place where I truly feel at home would be an understatement. I’ve never felt awkward, out of place, or even “new,” so to speak—it was as if I’d been there all along. I’ve never asked a question that went unanswered, or asked for recommendations without being met with a flood of suggestions. That support has genuinely helped me branch out and explore far more of the horror genre than I ever would have on my own.

It's also really refreshing to get to chat with people and discuss horror hot takes, give new opinions on old classics, or take a deep dive into some horror history facts. The club itself actually inspired me to create this section on my blog to discuss horror with other fans out there that maybe don't know that this club exists. 


Closing

That's all that I have for you guys today, I know that I have stopped Daily Little Things for right now, I'm trying to get back into my writing groove a little bit. Or just any groove at the moment, I feel all out of sorts right now but I'm not sick anymore which is really nice! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)