Daily Little Things: January 6th 2026
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! I am feeling a lot better today, so I went in to work. I'm not entirely sure that was the best idea, because as I'm writing this intro at work I do feel kinda rough. I'm going to give myself until lunch time to see if I feel any better and if I don't I'm going to leave early I think. You would think that someone who cleans as religiously as I do wouldn't get sick very often but sometimes I feel like I have the immune system of a walnut honestly. All jokes aside, we have a lot to cover today so let's get into it!
✒️Today's Quote ✒️
"You deserve something you don't have to question; you deserve someone who is sure about you."
π Today's Goals π
π¨ Begin 100 Heads Challenge
π Read at Least One Chapter of Current Read
π³ Work on Recipe Book
πToday's Achievements π
π¨ Attempted 100 Heads Challenge
π³ Wrote 4 Pages of Recipe Book
π Today's Reflection π
Today was a busy one. I realized that I had forgotten to share my Whiskful Thinking post. I was super stressed out from work, and when I came home I just wanted to lay down (and I did). I tried to start the 100 Heads Challenge, which I was super excited about, however I wasn't satisfied with the work I was doing and it only got worse as I tried to continue. Because of this, I decided to look at some drawing videos online instead. I've not been able to consistently draw in almost 3 months and its really caused a decline in my skill I think? So I'm going to forget everything I know, start from scratch, and maybe I'll even improve!
As excited as I was I wasn't actually upset about not finishing the challenge because it became abundantly clear that I needed to sit down and reassess. The 100 Heads Challenge involves a lot of portrait work which I was not very familiar with to begin with, I'm a cartoonist by preference. So having this assessment of how I tackled this challenge compared to work that I've done recently in my style was refreshing. I'm going to start doing practices and things like that this week instead of the 100 Heads Challenge because I think that's going to be better for me.
I also didn't get the chance to read today, I was just kind of half asleep and tired when I got home so I immediately took a nap. I also ended up falling asleep before I had saved the scheduled post for this so I apologize!
In regards to today's quote: I can't stress enough how many of the quotes in this book can apply to your professional life as well. In a world of "Everyone is replaceable" you need to find somewhere you're irreplaceable. You need to find people who are going to value you for what you bring to the table and support you in what you plan to do going forward.
I apologize for not not uploading this until later! That's all I have for you guys for now. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
π Check Out What Else I've Been Up To π
Comments
Post a Comment