Daily Little Things: January 4th, 2026
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Today I did something a little different, as you may have noticed, and we spent a Sunday together. I wanted to give kind of these real glimpses into my daily routine. I debated even doing a Daily Little Things post but I decided to for the simple fact of keeping momentum.
✒️Today's Quote ✒️
"Sometimes, we give them too much credit. Sometimes, we over-exaggerate their power. Sometimes, they don't really break you; maybe you simply break yourself by trying to hold on to them."
🍅Today's Goals 🍅
💻 Upload 3 Blog Posts
🗓 Get Planner Ready For the Week
📖 Read at Least 1 Chapter of Current Read
🐛Today's Achievements 🐛
💻 Edited and Uploaded 3 Blog Posts
🗓 Prepared Planner
🧦 Did the Laundry
📚 Read 2 Chapters of Current Read
🎀Today's Reflection 🎀
Today was an incredibly productive day for me, however I was not feeling very well so I chose to kind of take it easy honestly. It definitely looks that way as well on my Off the Record post, but that was kind of the point of the post to begin with. Being chronically ill, and sick on top of that can be exhausting and there are times where my days are going to be really productive and times where my days aren't going to be productive at all.
Personally, I believe in making the most of the good days. All of the tasks that I've completed today were not straining on me at all, I could do all of them sitting down if I chose to do so and I could also do most of them standing up if I chose to do so. Simple adaptations are essential for doing anything with a chronic illness and I try to make it a point to acknowledge that it's okay if I have to do something sitting down, or if I have to sit down halfway through. It's not some sort of failure to I listen to my body and I think more people could do with remembering that.
In regards to today's quote, the book describes this as a means to know when to set boundaries with some people. However, I think its also important to realize that some people will push your boundaries with nothing but the intent to hurt you or see how much you can take before you give them the reaction they're looking for. Not to sound like a broken record, but it's important to know when to take a step back from those conversations or completely step away from that person.
I always try to take as much time as possible to cool down and reflect on what I did and said that may have been harmful in the moment but I also take the time to really think about the other person. There have been some people in my life that have simply just loved to argue, fight, and push as many boundaries as they could get away with and admittedly I gave them that power. They controlled me, they knew it, and it took far too long for me to realize that and walk away from it. That is why doing regular check ins with yourself and your situation is really important, I especially advise writing it all down because you may not see it when it's happening, but when you go back when you're thinking clearly you'll see it.
That's all I have for you guys right now! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment