Daily Little Things: January 3rd 2026
Hey y'all let's see what's up today! Last night after I posted I ended up finishing my tea and just going straight to bed. I had planned to at least watch a couple more movies but I just could not hold my head up anymore. That being said, I've been watching a lot of low budget Tubi horror films and they've kinda become my guilty pleasure. The writing is bad, the acting is awkward, and the special affects aren't my favorite but they've been keeping me entertained while I read or work on these blog posts.
✒️Today's Quote ✒️
"It's tough, but the reward in walking away is more peace and the opportunity to find the person who has been searching for someone like you"
π Today's Goals π
𧦠Do Laundry (and put away what we didn't finish yesterday)
π Read at Least One Chapter of Current Read
π² Meal Plan for the Week
πToday's Achievements π
π₯«Organized Kitchen Cabinets and Fridge
π₯ Meal Planned for the Week
π Read 0.5 Chapter of Current Read
πToday's Reflection π
Today was more productive than I planned, and I even slept in! I've been trying to make the habit in this new year to spend more time focusing on myself and my health. That includes a lot of cooking at home, which I prefer anyway despite it's inconvenience with my current work schedule. I bought a planner that I was able to customize specifically for the ease of adding a Meal Prep and budgeting section. So while I was surveying my grocery haul (because I just literally threw everything in a cabinet last night) and planning out what I was going to be eating this week that kind of lead to a cabinet and fridge clean out which I am kinda happy about? I think that definitely makes up for the fact that I neglected doing laundry today.
My sister made a fantastic pistachio sourdough loaf, and she shared some of that with me today, we put a little pistachio butter and chocolate on it and it was amazing with a cup of coffee! She's been learning to make sourdough and has since started adding things to the dough to experiment a little bit.
I read only half a chapter of my book today, instead of taking another nap when I was feeling bad. I probably could have read more, and I intend to tonight, but I just kind of read until I felt well enough to get up and then I did some light exercise to keep myself up and moving. I find that I get less congested when I do this while I'm sick, it keeps a cough away at any rate, but it does nothing for muscle aches (which I tend to have on the daily anyway so that's nothing for me).
In regards to today's quote, I kind of touched on this a bit yesterday as well. Don't stay where you don't feel valued. You may have to go through a tough period or two, but you will eventually find someone who values what you bring to the table and they will show you that. This includes relationships, friendships, and especially I think this pertains to jobs. We live in an "everyone is replaceable" society, and it drives us to give 150% to people who wouldn't hesitate to cut your hours, cut your pay, or even cut your position out entirely. It's important to find places where your true value is noticed and appreciated.
That's all that I have for right now, but I do have some fun things planned for tomorrow I'll also have to edit this later because my computer is running an update at the moment and I can't adjust the font or headings in the Blogger mobile app. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment