Chatterbox: The Importance of Planners


Hey y'all let's see what's up today! As many of you know I love and breathe by my planner, and I am not the only one in my family that does. I've always been the type that has to have a planner, and used to have a hard time sticking to using said planner that is until I found more ways that I could sort of make it my own and run with it. If you're the type that struggles with planning, this post may be able to help you out because it was a struggle for me at first as an adult, even though my middle and high-school required us to use them if we were a part of after school activities, so I understand the struggle.




The Importance of Using a Planner

Using a planner can be important for a multitude of reasons. If you're the type of person that forgets everything, you don't remember your passwords, or your budget is a mess a planner can help you get more organized. Here are just a few things that you can utilize a planner for that can be pretty helpful:


📅 Keeping Track of Assignment Due Dates
📅 Keeping Track of Birthdays 
📅 Scheduling Appointments
📅 Scheduling Content (for those that post on social media)
📅 Habit Tracker
📅 Budgeting
📅 Savings Tracker
📅 Passwords
📅 Planning Vacations/Events
📅 Meal Planning
📅 Work Scheduling
📅 Deadlines

All of these are good reasons to keep a planner. I prefer a physical planner, but they also make some really good digital ones for a multitude of different platforms. 


As adults, its important to keep track of these things and to ensure that you're staying as organized as possible. If you're not a well organized person, you can come off as irresponsible which can impact job offers, your mental health, and the well being of your home. It can also impact friendships and relationships (I mean we all know at least one person who is constantly extremely late because they're forgetting something).



How to Make Using a Planner Easier for You

There are tons of ways that you can make even the most basic planner more customizable to your preferences. I find that this is the best way to ensure that you're going to be comfortable using it. I know there are several planners that claim to be ADHD friendly, but everybody is different and what may work for a handful of people may not work for others. These are just my personally tested methods that I think could help others, if you have anything you'd like to add feel free to leave a comment!


📅
Get an Undated Planner: I find these types of planners often have the most wiggle room when it comes to how they're set up so that may be beneficial for someone looking for something a little more customizable. I prefer planners that allow for inserts, these are almost always undated which are a bonus.


📅
Get a Planner That Matches Your Style: Sometimes easier said than done, but I find that getting a planner that matches your preferred style, aesthetic, or even just your favorite colors can improve your relationship with being organized.


📅 
Don't be Afraid to Use Stickers: Stickers, sticky notes, themes binder clips and fun pens are a large part of my personal success with a planner. I find that having things that match the theme or color pallet of my planner make me excited to use them and I'm not holding them for the "right time" to use them. 


📅 Find What Works and Run With It: Whether you're a digital planner or a physical planner finding what works for you and running with it is the best way to actually get the full benefit of a planner. As long as you're on top of it and its acting as a tool to help you I think you should go for it.



Closing

That's all that I have for you guys right now, if you would like to share your planning or organizing tips in the comments please feel free to do so I'd love to hear your suggestions! If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


🍒 Check Out What Else I've Been Up To 🍒 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)