The Monthly Issue: January 2026

 

The Monthly Issue: January 2026

    Hey y'all, let's see what's up today! It is officially the new year, and with that comes a fresh start, new things to explore, and of course new goals to hit! Now, this isn't a new year's resolution or anything of that nature, but I have a few things that I want to get done this month, and I'm going to be sharing them here, along with my plans to tackle these goals. 2026 is a big year for me, I have a lot of things planned later in the year that I started planning for back in December, this blog being one of them.

    I'll be doing one of these posts at the beginning of every month to discuss goals, blog plans, and events that I'll be attending. It is essentially a newsletter that will go along with the rest of my blog content. 


Upcoming Events

January 22nd Planetarium Night: I was completely unaware that a local college in my area had a planetarium. So, when I found out they were having this event I immediately signed up to go. I absolutely love planetariums or similar experiences so I'm excited to check this one out!

January 24th Roll for Adventure: This is an RPG day that is being hosted at my local library, it's basically just a 4 hour D&D workshop and short game session. I'm really excited to go to this, I've not played D&D in a really really REALLY long time, so it will be nice to get to learn more about the game and even paint my own miniature!


Goals

For January, my goals are mainly going to be focused on financial literacy and self improvement. I'm going to start off kind of easy this month and go for 3 goals that I think will benefit me in some way or another:

💰 Utilize A Budget Binder: I've used planners and other sorts of things to try to manage my finances, and so far I feel like I've actually gone backwards instead of forward. This month my goal is to practice better financial literacy and be more financially responsible, especially because I have a convention as well as a trip to the UK planned closer to the end of the year.

🎨 Complete the 100 Heads Challenge: I am a cartoonist by preference, but I want to improve my skills a bit, so in order to do that I am taking on the 100 Heads Challenge, in which you draw 100 heads in 10 days. I am really excited to see how I can make some progress with my artwork by doing this challenge, and if I have fun with it I might do a few other drawing challenges or create my own.

📷 Post More on My Social Media: I do not do this nearly enough for someone who would love to be a full time content creator, so I'm going to try to post more this month and see how I feel with doing daily updates. I did them for a short period on my other blog, but I think I'm going to tackle them differently this time and see if I have some better luck.


Blog Plans

🎨 Pretty Sketchy: January 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd I'll be sharing some art tips, recommendations, as well as the result of my 100 Heads Challenge. You will also be able to follow my 100 Heads Challenge progress on my social media in real time.

👩🏻‍🍳Whiskful Thinking: January 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th I'll be sharing some recipes that are staples in my kitchen, a lot of them were passed down to me from my great grandmother and I am really excited to get into the kitchen with you guys.

📼Off the Record: Every Sunday we're going to be going off the record for some behind the scenes updates and chats and basically just doing a little self-care but... in blog form?

📚Bookmarked: This is going to be posted on the last day of each month, however for January I am going to be having 2 Bookmarked posts because I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing a novel by one of my fellow Midnight Monster Club members back in December, however I also want to read at least 1 book a month for the entire year of 2026.


Closing

I hope everyone has a wonderful January, I will see you guys in the next one I do have another post scheduled right after this so stay tuned for that. If you want to see more from me feel free to click the link below where you can find my other socials. Y'all take care, and thanks for stopping by! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl, Listen: Financial Literacy Tips

Bookmarked: Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims

Chatterbox: Are Trends Killing Originality? (02/27/2026 - 03/05/2026)